Monday, May 29, 2017

I have chosen 6 of my quilts to enter in the Milford Valley Quilt Guild Show, June 24-25, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.  This is a wonderful show that is only held every other year.  Finally got the courage and my act together to prepare the quilts.  A lot more prep work than what I expected.  Looking forward to the weekend.  Here are the 6 quilts I have chosen:

Circle of Friends was created with fabric donated by the Milford Valley Quilters Guild shortly after a house fire destroyed all my supplies.  


Yellow Makes me Smile is made with recycled doilies and scrappy yellow fabric. 

Noonday in the Garden is a hand quilted queen size quilt with cotton batting.  the butterflies are made from folded vintage handkerchiefs and the antennae are embroidered..  Heads of the butterflies are made with appliqued yo-yos.  One of my favorite quilts. 

Evening in the Garden is made with leftover vintage handkerchiefs.  No handkerchief was harmed in the making of any of these quilts.  Who would have the heart to cut into these pieces of art?  They are appliqued to  batik I purchased from Sew Batik fabric.  

Paper pieced teacups sit on recycled doilies.  I made one in pieces which contains quilt information on the backing. 


My House.  Appliqued and embellished.  House has lace curtains and tons of flowers.  The house was built in 1860 and has the unique quirkiness of an old house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment