Saturday, July 15, 2017

Blue was the color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month.



I sewed two of the darker blue.  The picture doesn't show the difference in patterns in the two dark blue.  I don't have many dark blue batiks and I loved these two aqua that didn't make it to being made in the aqua month.  

 
I used much of my blue in the RSC challenge last year and the Orphan Quilt I made.  The orphan quilt contains extra blocks that weren't used in the project they were originally intended.  I machine quilted it...............I hate the process of machine quilting on a regular machine even using the walking foot. 

I've taken a break from my Grandmother's Flower Garden, but I think it is time to tackle this once again.  

Thanks to an incredible quilt artist,  Mystic Quilter ,  I am developing my blogging skills.  albeit slowly. 

8 comments:

  1. I love those blue blocks from last year's RSC and want to more of those. Your blocks and quilt are lovely - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your BLUE Bear Paw blocks touch my heart. I absolutely LOVE that block and the blue/white color combo!! These will be a nice addition to your collection of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bears Paw is one of my favourite quilt patterns, many years since I made one but seeing your lovely blocks I think I might have to add a Bears Paw quilt to my projects for next year. Thanks so much for your kind mention!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the bear paws! That's a great, graphic choice for RSC. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to use your favorite fabrics, especially batiks which are so unique. Your orphan blocks remind me of the struggles I had last year with the Twinklers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bear paws in rainbow colors will make a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty bear paws. Happy stitching this next week.

    ReplyDelete