Sunday, November 26, 2017

Curved Log Cabin taught by Beginners Quilting Start to Finish  It is a teaching page on Facebook and her tutorials have improved by quilting noticeably.   

 Choosing the border fabric was a challenge.  I had some lavender but that just was too much lilacs.  The  green fabric was from an online fabric vendor on Facebook :Jellyrolls, layer cakes & quilt backing by Marilyn.  Her backing is $8/yard for 108 inch width and it is quality fabric. 

I have had the lilac fabric in my stash for a long time and this seemed the perfect project for it.  I am now hand quilting the project by doing a diagonal straight line from corner to corner of each log.  Purchased Superior Thread #40 varigated.  I thought the thread was darker, but was light lavenders to pink.  I like it better than what I had planned. 


2 comments:

  1. A very charming quilt. The green border is the perfect choice. Thanks for the info on fabric source. Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT border choice!! A fence around your garden.

    ReplyDelete