Sunday, March 18, 2018

Bear Paw Quilt




Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2017 complete.  Bear Paw is one of my favorite patterns.  I started this in January 2017 and finally finished in St. Patrick's Day 2018.  It is the most heavily hand quilted piece I have ever done.  Every block is a different fabric from my batik stash.  The background is a beautiful soft color from Wilmington called Paisley cream aqua and is no longer made.  The backing is pieced from a Fireworks batik and the binding is simply the backing rolled over to the front.  I purchased  wonder clips from Amazon and they were so much better than using pins to hold the binding.......I wasn't constantly poking myself as I turned the quilt.  I have just draped it over my sofa so I can look at it every time I pass by.  I love it.




3 comments:

  1. What a finish! The Bear Paw blocks look beautiful and I love the small coloured squares that you breaking up the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have been inspired to go bolder with my colors by your Mystic Quilter blog and Exuberant Color. Working on Pineapple Blossom for RSC 2018 although I am starting a little late.

      Delete
  2. Spectacular job on your Bear's Paw quilt!!

    ReplyDelete